At Problem Parrots, our aim is to provide excellent customer and supporter service. This means we take complaints extremely seriously and view them as an opportunity to improve. That’s why we are always very grateful to hear from people who take the time to tell us when and where we are falling short of our high standards.
When this happens, we want to hear about it, respond as quickly as possible, take action to resolve the situation, and put measures in place to try to prevent it from happening again.
How to contact us
Note: Please include your name, address and contact telephone number in your email so that we can get back in touch with you easily.
- We will let you know we’ve received your complaint within the first two working days of your complaint
- We will do our best to respond fully and conclusively to your complaint within ten working days. If we think it will take longer we will let you know.
- We will always listen to what you say and treat you with respect and courtesy
- We will seek to resolve your complaint objectively and honestly
The only occasions when we will not respond are as follows:
- When a complaint is illegible or incoherent
- Generally when a complaint concerns an incident that happened more than three months ago as it is very difficult to investigate these thoroughly
- When a complainant is being abusive or offensive or harassing one of our employees or volunteers
- When a complaint has been sent as part of a mass communication to us and many other charities
- When a complaint is made anonymously. At our discretion, we may decide to investigate the complaint and use the information to improve if we can, but we obviously cannot respond directly
- When a complainant unreasonably pursues a matter that we have already fully responded to. However, if a complainant is unhappy with the response given, we will ensure our escalation procedure is followed.
For any complaints still not resolved, our Charity Administrator will provide the final escalation point and their decision is final. We are a charity with limited resources and we must use them in the best way possible.
Problem Parrots are regulated by the Fundraising Regulator and is committed to the highest standards in fundraising practices. If your complaint is to do with fundraising and you feel that it has been unresolved by us then the Fundraising Regulator can investigate your complaint. You must contact them within two months of receiving your response from us.
Contact details for the Fundraising Regulator are:
- 2nd floor, CAN Mezzanine Building, 49 – 51 East Road, London N1 6AH
- Tel: 0300 999 3407
- Email: email@example.com
Other types of complaint
If your complaint is related to another area of our work and you do not feel completely satisfied by our response then you can contact The Charity Commission. Contact details are:
- PO Box 1227, Liverpool, L69 3UG
- Tel: 0845 3000 218